Whatever your situation, it will be difficult for you to complain after hearing this interview with Curt Whitesell, founder of WKRP Indy Real Estate. Curt started his company before he owned a car! Think you can't sell real estate from a bicycle? Well, you're wrong!
- The name WKRP Indy had nothing to do with the popular television series. In fact, Curt had never seen it. The letters stand for "Whitesell Kids Retrement Plan."
- Curt had to specialize geographically because he didn't have reliable transportation. Yes, he would arrive to a closing on a bicycle.
- WKRP recently redesigned their logo.
- Curt is a master of social media, and it's about all he does to promote his business.
- Curt always teaches his agents how to leverage social media to promote themselves.
- Nobody, except Curt, seems to "think small" in real estate. Curt is not a believer in scaling up to something huge.
- Curt enjoys branded apparel as a way to promote his company.
- WKRP currently has six agents.
- One of the secrets to social media is to "just do it." It's not like it takes a bunch of time. Curt trains his agents to post generally at 10am and 2pm.
Monty Riffer is the kind of guy you want in the business trenches with you. He's got years of invaluable experience, his track record is proven and documented, and he's just such a joy to be around. Monty specializes in start-ups, turnarounds and restructuring, and a little-known strategy methodology called "GOSPA" is how he creates a business road map to success.
- Monty Riffer grew up in Pittsburg, PA where he learned the value of structure and hard work
- Football is Monty's first love, and the love of teaching/coaching the game is infused into his business coaching style.
- GOSPA represents Goals, Objectives, Strategies, Plans and Actions.
- Monty uses GOSPA to help a company become strategic and INTENTIONAL.
- Monty helped Promethius Consulting, an Indianapolis Managed Service IT Company, develop a new strategic plan with great effect.
- God and faith are a critical part of Monty's life.
Scott Tant is President of Professional Staff Management. PSM provides outsourced Human Resources to small businesses to increase profitability by offering HR management, benefits administration, payroll services, worker's compensation, risk management, hiring/recruiting support and much more.
In this interview Scott goes in-depth on the topic of "PEOs (Professional Employer Organizations)." PEOs might not be widely understood among business owners, but they can often help streamline a business and add profit to the bottom line.
Dattus Inc. is one such company, and the product/service they offer would have been unimaginable ten or fifteen years ago. Imagine heavy industrial machines that send you a message before they fail. "My main seal will fail in two weeks," for example.
This type of predictive warning would mean a drastic reduction in unplanned downtime, and this is not a promise of the future. This capability is here now!
Amy Woodall is a Communications and Customer Service Trainer with Trustpointe. Amy is an absolute master of DISC and behavior styles, and in this episode, Amy helps us grasp the importance of understanding other people and how they operate.
Have you ever been speaking to a client or prospect, only to see their "eyes glaze over" during your pitch? Have you ever had that feeling that people just aren't "getting" what you're saying? Watch this episode to understand what's going on and what you can do about it. Read more...
Attracting and hiring the best talent is a challenge for any organization. Jeff Boucher is Director of Talent Services at Titus Talent Strategies, and in this episode he shares some of the secrets for attracting the very best talent to your organization.
Jeff is often called "The Talent Thief," which of course is provocative, but also describes very well the value he brings to any company struggling with talent acquisition. The Titus model ingeniously includes focusing on "passive candidates," meaning those candidates who are not actively looking to make a job change. Read more...
Denise Rezsonya is an Indianapolis-based Christian Author and Speaker, and has recently published Be The Light - A Christian-based Reference Book for Today's Youth
The book is a great way to "wade" lightly into scripture while exploring/solving real-life problems such as bullying, self-image and stress.
- Writing has always been a passion of Denise's. Publishing a book the the fulfillment of a dream.
Have you ever noticed that successful people tend to surround themselves with other successful people? Seemingly nobody gets to the top without lots of help and encouragement from others. Sally Tassani recognized this pattern of success and had the insight to provide purposeful, formalized peer support through her membership organization The Strategy Forums. Read more...
Just north of Indianapolis in Carmel, IN is a very special not-for-profit with a special mission. Children's TherAplay foundation, Inc. is an outpatient pediatric rehabilitation clinic providing physical therapy and occupational therapy for special-needs children ages 18 months to 13 years.
TherAplay is one of those organizations that exemplifies the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words." One cannot fully explain in words the magic taking place at TherAplay, but one almost immediately understands after viewing one or two pictures of kids engaged in a therapy session. Read more...